Fortunately, Peloton has military discounts for anyone who is entitled to military benefits. So whether you are buying a Peloton bike or simply using the Peloton digital app, you have a chance with a hamper that appreciates your service.
People entitled to military discounts include soldiers in active service, veteran soldiers, retirees, and their immediate family members. Let’s get on to the details of the Peloton military discounts;
Does Peloton Offer Military Discounts
Yes, it does. Whether you are on active duty or veteran, you will get your military discount with Peloton packages. Let’s dive into these tantalizing offers;
1. Peloton Bike Military Package
Peloton has a military discount for both the bike and the bike plus. However, the cost of either bike remains constant, which is $2495 for the peloton bike plus and $1495 for the original Peloton bike.
Nevertheless, you will get several accessories that will help avoid extra costs. And these are the accessories you may not do without for a full Peloton ride experience. The package usually referred to as the essentials package, is worth $150.
The essentials package consists of the following;
- Peloton shoes (complete with Look Delta cleats)
- weights (1, 2, or 3 pounds pair of weights)
Note that you have a choice with the shoe size and also the pair of weights that you prefer. With this package and the bike or bike plus, you will be ready to start the Peloton rides. The only other accessory you may need for a start is probably the heart rate monitor, and you are set to go.
Limitations to Peloton Bike/ Bike Plus Military Discount
- While the Peloton military offer on the bike and bike plus is great news to those of the military, there are a few limitations to the offer. Nothing you can’t deal with or worth worrying about, though;
- The offer is only on the bike and bike plus, not any other equipment or accessory.
- You will only get one essential package for one bike or bike plus, even if you have multiple users accounts.
- The offer is applied at checkout after the purchase, and you cannot substitute the package for anything else. There is also no cash value that you can get instead of the package. This also means that you cannot substitute the essentials package for a part of the bike cost.
- If you have other peloton offers, you may not get this offer. Or, getting this offer may nullify other Peloton offers.
- The offer is only valid in the US and Canada.
- If you return the bike or bike plus without the essentials package, the Peloton will refund you the cost of the bike or bike plus less the essentials package cost, which is $150 or $200, CAD
- The offer is only valid while the supplies last, and Peloton reserves the right to cancel or limit it at will.
- Sadly, the offer is valid where military discounts are prohibited.
- Finally, you cannot transfer the military discount to friends or family.
2. Peloton Digital App Military Discount
If you prefer the Peloton app, you also have access to military benefits. Generally, the digital app subscription is $12.99 per month. However, with the military discount, your subscription will reduce to $9.99 per month.
What if you did not know about the discount and are already on the complete payment plan? Can I change the subscription? Yes, you can. If you never knew about the military discount and already use the Peloton digital app and pay the full $12.99 amount, you can change the subscription.
Indicate that you are a military serviceperson, family, or veteran, and you will get access to the discount.
Will my metrics get affected when I change the subscription to a military discount subscription? No, they won’t. Your account will remain the same, despite the change in membership option. The only thing that will change is your monthly payments, from $12.99 to $9.99.
So, Peloton military discount? Yes, you get a military discount with Peloton bike, bike plus, and digital app. Though the cost of the bikes does not go down as with brands such as Bowflex, at least you get accessories with more than 100 bucks as the beneficiary of a military benefit.