Unfortunately, Peloton does not have classes dedicated to rowing so far. Peloton cardio workouts are basically on the indoor bike and treadmill, and outdoor walking and running.
However, given the pressure and rumors about the Peloton rowing machine, Peloton could actualize rowing classes sooner than later. After all, the rumors are just a tip on how much the Peloton fans would desire rowing classes.
Even better, Peloton does not actually need to own a rowing machine industry to actualize this fan desire. Instead, fans would gladly use the Peloton app on their home rowing machines.
Peloton and Rowing Classes?
When Orangetheory closed down in 2020 following the Covid pandemic, a significant number of members shifted to Peloton. It was the best consolation, especially since Peloton has both HIIT and Bootcamp classes, not to mention Tabata, that would resemble an Orangetheory class.
On top of that, Peloton has Power Zone classes, which have goals and targets that resemble the Orangetheory version.
However, it is obvious that they still miss the rowing classes, and so are other rowing fans in love with Peloton.
While these people enjoy the Peloton classes, optimal satisfaction seems to lie in rowing classes.
During the 2021 Peloton conference, John Foley addressed the rumors that Peloton was releasing a rowing machine. While he did not give a definite answer, he said ‘good guess,’ an answer that triggered our hopes for the rowing machine on Peloton.
If John Foley’s answer is anything to go by, we may be waiting for a Peloton rowing machine and subsequently Peloton rowing classes. Who knows, it may have been Peloton’s plan all along, or the company may have decided to cave into the public demands.
The Benefits of Rowing Classes on Peloton
Peloton would be great with rowing classes due to the following reasons;
- Peloton has a competitive digital platform with all the desirable features of digital workout classes.
- The Peloton Leaderboard facilitates competition, which is great for interaction and pushing oneself o secure a good position among competitors.
- Peloton’s community is amazing for motivation and mental therapy even when one is working from home.
- Truth be told, the rower is quite challenging to master and utilize fully. However, you will definitely manage the workouts with the Peloton platform, beginner classes, and overly talkative instructors.
- The rower provides full-body workout opportunities, more than both the bike and the treadmill. Therefore, the rower is the best option for shedding calories and toning muscles for people who just want equipment workouts without shifting. After all, it targets most body parts, from the legs, the abs, the back to the chest, and the arms.
- Peloton would have a wider range of workouts to offer to their fans with the additional equipment workouts.
Therefore, rowing classes would greatly incorporate the Peloton workouts, both for the company and the Peloton users.
Does Peloton Have Plans on Launching a Rowing Machine?
Peloton has always been discrete about the topic, so they are still hidden from the limelight if there are plans. However, a few tips tend to the point that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
These tips include the following;
- Tonic Inc. manufactures Peloton equipment. In 2020, the company applied for a rower patent.
- 9To5Google uncovered secret codes in the Peloton Android app, which they decoded and came up with words associated with rowing.
- John Foley did not dismiss the claims that Peloton could be making a rowing machine but rather brushed them off with a ‘good guess.’
- The name ‘Mazu,’ which translates to the Chinese sea goddess, was uncovered through insider rumors.
Read Also: Peloton Rowing Machine Could be Next on Line
So, Will Peloton Have Rowing Classes?
At this point, it is difficult to tell whether or not Peloton will engage in rowing classes. However, if the tips given are anything to go by, Peloton will definitely join the rowing workout industry. And it is obvious that it will rock, just as it has with bike and treadmill classes.
Does Peloton have rowing classes? Unfortunately, as of 2021 October, Peloton does not have rowing classes. Nevertheless, it is worth refreshing your peloton classes to ensure that you don’t miss out on a surprise. Better still, I will keep you updated if any news surfaces about Peloton rowing classes.